FC Rubin captain Cesar Navas shares his expectations from the upcoming RPL gameweek 17 fixture against FC Zenit Saint Petersburg
- It is always difficult to play against such big teams as Zenit. They have a good and deep squad. We will try to use our strengths and get a good result.
- The upcoming fixture will close out the calendar year. Does the vacation mood affect the prematch preparation?
- We are focused on the game and will think about vacations later.
- Some of the forwards are not eligible for the match such as Poloz or Azmoun. It feels like the defenders will have to make their offensive contributions and help the team, doesn't it?
- Yes, some of our important players will miss the game but we have young players who can score goals as well. Hopefully, they will help us. We, defenders, will try to help the team as well.
- Что можете сказать о сопернике? What do you think of the opposition?
- They must be the best team in the league in terms of squad. They are a very tough opponent who will play at home but they are not invincible
- How would you assess Zenit's performance in Tula where Arsenal were able to win after they scored four times?
- It was not a representative game. You should assess them based on the season they've been having instead of a one-game assessment.
Москва, РЖД Арена